Thursday, September 6, 2007

Update on his "Procedure"

As you all know from our previous post, Maddox got circumcised today. Since I was too young to remember mine and have never seen one done before, this certainly was an experience for me today. Amy opted not to watch it, but I am glad that I did because someone had to be there to dip his pacifier into the sugar water to keep him calm.

Everything was going well with him until around 3 o'clock. The clot had fallen off and Maddox was bleeding quit rapidly. The blood was filling up his diapers so quick that I was having to change them every ten minutes. I got in touch with the pediatricians office and they instructed me to bring him back in. Now, you would think that after all of this, he would be screaming bloody murder, but he was actually really calm and didn't make a sound when he was in the car. Anyway, the pediatrician gave him some stuff to constrict the blood vessels and he got the bleeding stopped. We were shown what to do if this were to happen again tonight, but he is doing great and do not expect anymore problems.

One more thing. Did any of you know that circumcision is not covered by any insurance because it is considered cosmetic surgery? Me either. This was brought to our attention when we first got to the Pediatricians office today. Interesting, to say the least.

We will let all of you know tomorrow how his night went. Please continue to pray that there will be no more bleeding and that everything heals up just fine.

Your Friends,

The Dean Family

No comments: