Friday, August 10, 2007

A better day

Hey everybody,

All of you said that things will get better at night with the little man, and you all were right.

Not having that darn tube in him as allowed us to put him on more of a schedule. I covered the 9 and midnight feedings while Amy slept, and she covered the 3 and 6 AM feedings.

Our biggest worry was that the feeding therapists were going to want to put Maddox back on the tube. While I was feeding him in front of them, he was doing great. They were praising him for how good he was doing, and not to mention, how good of a job his daddy was doing as well. Then...he spits ALL of it up on me. That part did not bother me, neither did the dirty diaper that he produced during that time. What bothered us was that we were afraid that the feeding team was going to think that he needed to fed via the NG tube. Considering that he had never spit up this bad before, they determined that they wanted to see what he could do for a week without the tube. That was music to our ears. Granted, I have about $700 worth of tube feeding equipment and supplies, but that is why there is a website called Ebay.

After this appointment, he and I got to spend some serious father and son time. Amy needed to go into her office to put out some fires, so it was just the two of us. We had a really good time, but I realized that you can't get anything done if you do not have help. I have alot more respect for single parents now that I ever did.

All of us got to go out to dinner for the first time as a family tonight. We went to a local Mexican joint that we enjoy. Our little man did wonderful. He just hung out and let people take pleasure in looking at him. We actually met a couple that have recognized the "internet baby". I think that they said the go to church with Maddox' Paw Paw and Ju Ju. It was a pretty cool experience.

We go to the pediatrician on Monday. I am going to try to go back to work and get back into the swing of things. Hopefully we can have a peaceful and enjoyable weekend too.

Talk to you soon,

The Dean Family

No comments: