

An uneventful day here in 5303. Changes are being made slowly in order to keep Maddox on the fast track to recovery.
We had our first training on the NG tube. The first step: pushing air into the tube and listening to make sure it is in his stomach. We actually heard the 'swoosh' of the air through the stethoscope. We also gave Maddox his 6:00pm medication. This is going to be a learning experience.
Maddox lost a little weight tonight. As the diuretics decrease, his weight will increase.
Please continue to pray for Maddox to gain weight, have clear lungs and move toward being discharged (SOON) as healthy as possible.
Some things we have learned about Duke Hospital:
*The steps between floors 4 and 5 are different colors.
*Drinks are approximately 37 cents cheaper in the gift shop than in the cafeteria.
*Patients are allowed to wheel themselves out to the curb (off of hospital property)
to smoke. This is actually a fairly amusing sight to see.
*There are very few male nurses in the PICU.
*Parking is a money making business!
More interesting facts to come.......
3 comments:
If there is any doubt that we serve a God who gives us miracles every day the pictures of Maddox are a wonderful reminder of the miracle of life, so small to start and so delicate for all our days. Praying for you , M
I have had you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know that you cherish each step in the right direction.
Lori Buchanan Baucom
I just wanted to take a moment to let you guys know that I was thinking about you and that you are in my prayers. I am the editor of The Voice of Marketing and I work in the Marketing Department at the home office of NCFB. I will be publishing Maddie's site in our next edition so that the entire NCFB family can stay up to date. Thanks for coming up with such an incredible idea. We are praying for you and know that Maddie will be home soon!!!!
Tonya Phinx
Post a Comment