Monday, August 6, 2007

Homeward Bound!!!

Hey Y'All,

We got the confirmation today that we are going to get to go home TOMORROW!!!

As of the time I posted the blog this morning, we had no idea of this news. Amy just happened to have run into the discharge nurse in the hallway and just plainly asked her what our deal was. She said that we were still on track for tomorrow. We got excited but decided to get confirmation before we started packing.

That is when it all started to fall into place. Our portable feeding equipment arrived, then our nurse put us on a feeding and medicine schedule for the remainder of our time. About 6 PM, the Doctor came in and confirmed everything.

They have already done the standard echo-cardiogram that is mandatory for cardiac kids that are about to discharge. We do not know the results of it, but considering that they have done two of them since his surgery, we fell fairly confident that everything will check out fine.

Oh...by the way, Amy did GREAT today when it was time to pull and place Maddox' NG tube. I am ashamed to admit it, but she did better than I did with my first time.

We are very excited but we still find it hard to believe that this day has finally come.

We want to take the time to tell all of you thanks for you prayers, thoughts, and concerns; thanks to all of the visitors, thanks for all of the financial assistance; and thanks for all of the support.

However, we still need the prayers, so please continue to pray for him to grow and stay healthy.

We will continue to update the blog as our trials and tribulations of being new parents of a "Cardiac-Kid" continue as we go home for the first time.


Your Friends,

Amy, Luke, and Maddox Dean

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am crying and laughing at the same time! Maybe you understand the wave of emotion. :)

How beautiful. Thank you for your open, honest and loving communication.

We'll talk and visit when things settle.

You are amazing parents.

Tons of love,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

That is such great news!!! We're so happy for you guys and you'll continue to be in our prayers. We look forward to lots of happy reports and even more cute pictures once you're home.

Continued love and prayers-
Angie & Trip

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!

What Great News !!!!!!

You guys are going to do great once you get him home. We will be gald to know that you are home.

Many prayers will continue to be said for you all.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, JUST KNEW THIS DAY WOULD BE UPON YOU QUICKLY!!!

So excited for all of you. Now, I can meet this beautiful miracle from God.

Keep us all posted!

Love and Prayers,

Karen

Anonymous said...

Amy, Luke and Maddox,

That is the best news I have heard all day! God does answer Prayers even when we think he might not hear us! I will continue to Pray for his strength, growth and health! At the same time I will Pray for you guys and the patience you will be needing! Congrats and please keep me posted!

PS Luke I called you Sunday to come see you guys! Thanks for the call back! werido!

Love ya bro

IHSV,
Clayton