Pleasant Greetings,
Amy and I spoke with the Doctor a few minutes ago. He told us that Maddie is still improving and that they want to continue trying to have him do more on his own.
Since they have been upping his feeds, he still had not had a poopie yet. The nurse felt that a suppository would help that. Lets just say that it got the ball rolling. He had 3 nice size poopies within 20 minutes.
They have also lowered his sedation meds. He was wide awake for about an hour or more. He was just looking around. Granted, he might have been awake because he was cleaning his bowels out, but nevertheless, he was alert. It was nice to see his big blue eyes wide open again.
I did get to witness a pretty cool, experimental procedure on him too. They were experimenting with a VeinViewer by Luminetx. It is a green light that shows the veins under the skin. I watched as they moved it over parts of his body. It is as harmless as a light bulb. Duke has not bought any of them yet. They were just testing them out with the vendors. I did some research on them and found that they run about $25,000 a piece. I heard an important Duke person mention that it is "awful expensive for a machine that shows which direction veins are going". However, it was still pretty neat to see first hand.
Maddox is sleeping peacefully right now. He has his feet propped up on his friend Froggy right now. It is really cute.
Amy or I will post something before we have to leave at 7.
Please continue to pray for him to "Keep On, Keeping On". If he keeps improving everyday, they can't keep him here forever.
Your Friends,
Amy, Luke, and Maddox
No comments:
Post a Comment