

It is day 18 of Maddie's life and this is our first night with him without a nurse by our side. (Now they are outside the door) Maddie was moved out of ICU around 7:00pm into a room we can stay in with him.
The doctor wants to fatten him up! (He did top 6 pounds last night) Maddie is able to eat from his bottle for only 5 minutes and the rest is put into the feeding tube. This keeps him from burning more calories than he eats and helps him remember how to eat from the bottle. The doctor told us that eating for Maddie is like running a marathon for us.
Thank you for all of your prayers, blog comments, phone calls, text messages, cards and for letting us know how much you care!
4 comments:
Congratulations on the 6 lbs. Babies are a wonderful lesson in how much you can love someone youhave known for so short a time. Praying for all of you. Marilyn
I am SOooo happy for you guys! Apparently someone is listening to our prayers. I'll keep doing my part for little Maddie. He's so precious!
Take care,
Patti:)
I am so thankful to hear that Maddie is doing so much better. He looks like a little cutie pie in all his pictures! I will keep praying for you all. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you all (anything). I told June to call me and let me know of anything. I will stay in touch!
Crystal
It is awesome to know what the Lord can do in the life of such a precious child. I'm so glad that Maddie is now out of ICU. He is a precious child with awesome parents! Keep us posted..
Kevin
Post a Comment