Saturday, July 14, 2007

CHANGE OF PLANS!





Since our arrival at Duke we have been told lots of different information from the multitude of doctors. Last night we posted that there was a chance we may get to come home for Maddox to gain weight prior to surgery. No less than two hours after updating the blog Dr. Canter announced that surgery would be first thing Monday morning, this was around 9:30 last night. Luke and I decided not to make this announcement due to all the conflicting information we had been told all day.

Dr. Canter returned this morning with a team of doctors and confirmed his decision. Maddox will have surgery first thing Monday morning. He will be the first case of the day. We see this as a blessing. Realizing this is not over yet, surgery brings us that much closer to having Maddox at home and healthy.

Please continue to pray for Maddox.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Passtor Steve We have been praying for Maddox and the whole family. We will be sure to have the church to be praying Maddaox the family and the doctors.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Steve Williams, just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you. I will be sure to let the church know to be paying for Maddox and you guys and the Doctors Monday.

Leisa said...

Luke, Amy & Maddox,
We are lifting you up to God daily, praying that this will soon be over and you can bring your sweet baby boy home.
Josh ask me to include that he will be asking the Summer Staff at Caswell to have a special prayer time for Maddox's surgery on Sunday Night during their devotion.
He will ask them to pray for Maddox as well as the doctors and staff preforming the surgery. Pray that God guide their hands to a perfectly completed and successful surgery.
Know that we love youa are praying God's grace on the two of you to get thru this tough time.
Dempsey, Leisa, John-Mark & Josh
Sullins

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
Mom (Ann) has been updating me on your fabulous new addition! Congratulations! Maddox is so precious! I'm working as a RN at UNC Children's in Chapel Hill so I'm jealous that Duke gets to have him. PLEASE let me know what I can bring/do for you guys during the next couple days while you are extra pre-occupied, since I'm only a few minutes away! I would love to meet Maddox when he is feeling a bit better as well! Hang in there guys!

courtneygaddy@gmail.com