Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The day after surgery

So far, so good. Maddox looks real good this morning. They are actually starting to ween him off some of the breathing machines and such. Doctor Jaggers left his chest open to relieve swelling, and they will most likely close that up today. That is good considering that they originally told is that it might be a few days before they did that. His eyes and body are not as swollen as we thought they would be either. Needless to say, Amy and I feel alot better about his situation this morning than we did last night.

The nurse said that he opened his eyes and looked around this morning. Amy and I hate that we weren't there for that, but that's OK. We are still hoping to have him out of the PICU within a couple of days. Then we would be back in a room with him and get to see his eyes all of the time.

Amy and I are back staying at Keith and Debra's. We are very thankful for them opening their home to us. I will admit that it is nice to be in a comfortable bed. There is a cat, but Harley is cool, and Benedryl does the trick for me.

We apologize that there are no pictures, but we will post more when he is more recovered.

We also thank the friends and family that have visited us over the last few days and for all the phone calls. Thank you for your continued prayers for Maddox~ they are being heard and answered.

As Maddox comes off of the machines and he does more on his own, we will post something so all of you can keep up how he is doing.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts that all of you sent out to the big guy upstairs.


More will follow later.

Your compadres,

Amy, Luke, and Baby Maddox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUKE,AMY & MADDIE,
JUST SAW THE UPDATED WEBSITE,& IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT HE OPENED HIS EYES..WHAT A BLESSING HE IS.WE CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM & JUST REMEMBER KEEP YOUR HEAD LOOKING UP TOWARD THE BIG MAN ABOVE & HE WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR PRAYERS,LOOK WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE FOR YOUR FAMILY.
GOD BLESS & MANY PRAYERS,
SHANNON MEAD & FAMILY

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the Maddie is doing so well. He has already blessed so many of us and we have not even got to meet him yet. Love and Prayers are still coming your way. Our God is such a marvelous and gracious God. How would we make it through these times without him.......

Hope to see you all very soon.

Lisa Beddingfield
Henderson County Farm Bureau
Howard Gap Office

Joyce said...

I am sooooooooooooo happy for you all. I will continue to send love and prayers. I hope both you, Amy and you, Luke continue to take good care of yourselves so you will be in good shape when it comes time to take the little guy home.

I know that people tend to be very supportive and helpful during a crisis, I hope you all are allowing them to help you. I also hope that you all have set up a schedule for that help to continue after you get home. Call me and let me know when you want to get together.

Take care, Joyce (Odell-in case you didn't know)