Wednesday, July 18, 2007

July 18th update

We have been able to spend some time with Maddox today.

They have removed the breathing tube, so he is breathing on his own now.

Let me tell you; now that he has got that tube out of his throat, he is not happy. He tries to cry but it is somewhat muted due to the effects of the tube. We calmed him down until the Tylenol had time to kick in. We also got him a pacifier to help when he gets fussy.

Dr. Jagger said that Maddie looks good and that hopefully with another good night, they can start scaling back everything even more. Which means less tubes, medicines and progress towards home!

Seeing him in pain is the hardest part. We just want to hold him and make it all go away. We are holding the vision of home with a healthy little boy.

Please continue to send prayers and positive thoughts to help Maddie get through this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Shannon and I just got into our computers to read the great news, so exciting indeed!!!! I am soooooooooooo happy for you guys and "Super Maddox!" Just know you all will be home soon!!!!!!!! Anxious to meet this incredible little man. As always, prayers are going up and the glory is coming down!!!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

LUKE,AMY & MIRACLE MADDOX,
PRAISE GOD!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YALL,I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN ON PINS & NEEDLES WAITING TO SEE HIM BREATH ON HIS OWN.I KNOW THAT FEELING THAT IS THE WAY I FELT WHEN THEY TOOK ZACHARY OFF OF THE VENT WHEN HE WAS IN THE NICU.CANT WAIT TO HEAR MORE WONDERFUL UPDATES & TO GET TO SEE THIS LITTLE MIRACLE IN PERSON. I KNOW YALL ARE SO PROUD!!GOD IS THE ULTIMATE PHYSICIAN & WITH HIS GRACE MADDOX WILL BE A HEALTHY LITTLE BOY BEFORE YOU KNOW.
GOD BLESS & MANY PRAYERS,
SHANNON MEAD & FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Amy,Luke and Maddie,
GOD IS SO GOOD....the boys love to look each night to see just how well your little man is doing. They feel so good to know GOD is answering their prayers. What a blessing to have the vent out that makes you feel so good. Keep up the good love. We love you all and lots of prayers.
Love and Prayers,
Reed,Buffy and the Boys

Anonymous said...

I am not surprised would we expect anything else with our God in control. So happy for you guys just hang in there and remember he will not remember any of this. I had my eye removed when I was 3 due to cancer and I do not remember any of it at all. Love and prayers always.

Lisa Beddingfield
Henderson County Farm Bureau