Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No Rooms on the Floor

The Children's Floor is full for the night, Maddox has to stay in the PICU.

Maddox had another great day. The PT is working on his lungs (he still hates it) and his throat seems to be much better. The OT worked with him again today on taking a bottle; he did much better than yesterday. With the tube feeding, the doctors have increased his food amount, feeding Maddox continuously (extremely slow) for two hours and then turning it off for an hour. This is in preparation for transitioning Maddox to bottle feeding only.

We can tell Maddox is getting better. He is more alert when he is awake and crying less when he coughs.

Our nurse told us that Maddox will have to be tolerating his food like a 'normal' baby and begin gaining weight before the hospital would release him. That is in addition to his lungs healing.

Please pray for weight gain and a healthy body!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sweet little angel head is in our thought and prayers!! Happy to hear he is having good days.

Hang in there little buddy!!
Love,
The Ballantynes
Misty (Cowart) Earl and kids

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that thing are looking up for the family. Hope you get a room Wed. I also thank GOd for the prayers He has already answered.

Pastor Steve

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gay and Uncle David said....
Glad to see that Maddox is doing better. We are praying that you all
will get to go home soon. You are a
tough family!!! Keep your chins up!
He is so beautiful!!!!

Love, Gay and David

Anonymous said...

OK Maddie...think peanut butter milkshake...cheeseburgers...ice cream sundays...pecan pie...FRENCH FRIES!!! I put on the pounds when I think of those things...so I hope you will too!!

Much love, prayers, and wishes for plumpness,

Jenn, Hunter, & Savanah

Anonymous said...

OK Maddie...think peanut butter milkshake...cheeseburgers...ice cream sundays...pecan pie...FRENCH FRIES!!! I put on the pounds when I think of those things...so I hope you will too!!

Much love, prayers, and wishes for plumpness,

Jenn, Hunter, & Savanah

Anonymous said...

hey

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad to see he is doing well!! give him kisses from auntie snoozin