Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Night before surgery









Howdy all,

This was a great day for our son. Nothing exciting to announce, but it just was a great day. I probably held him for close to 4 hours, and Amy held him for longer than that.

We also had a lot of family come into town today as well. Grandmama & Papa, Granny & Poppy, Paw-Paw and Ju Ju, and Uncle Carl & Aunt Regina. Uncle Chris and Aunt Jamie are on there way down right now too. It was like a mini family reunion.

We took a lot of pictures today. We hope that you enjoy them.

We are going to get to hang out with Maddox until around noon tomorrow. They told us that the surgery will take approximately 4 to 5 hours. It will be pretty nerve-racking during that time. However, we realize that this has to happen to get him better.

Amy or I will try to post one more of these before he goes off to surgery.

Thanks for all the comments, thoughts, and prayers. Please keep them coming.


Your friends,

Luke, Amy, and Luke


PS - Sorry to all you Carolina, Clemson, State, CrAppalachian, etc. fans. I am officially a Duke fan now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful and such a blessing to all of us back here in Hendersonville. The Farm Bureau Family has been praying hard as well as all of our church prayer chains. Can't wait to see him for myself. Love and Prayers as you go through today. I myself had Cancer when I was three and my parents went through alot of these same things with out all the modern day medicine miracles we have now.

See ya soon.

Lisa Beddingfield

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts are with you today, as always. Can't wait to hear how well surgery goes. Thanks again for such wonderful updates!

P.S. TJ has become a wonderful burrito-wrapper too! And, he wants to patent a chin strap to help hold the paci in! Maybe you two could get together on that! Maddox is adorable...I think he looks like his daddy!

Anonymous said...

Amy, Luke & Maddie

Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers this morning and I wish that I could be there with you. I love your pictures and the daily postings! He is adorable! I beleive Maddie has daddie wrapped around his little pinkie already. Just know God has his arms wrapped around you all right now and will bring you all through this with his grace and love.

Love you guys
Crystal & Richard

Anonymous said...

I am sending showers of love and peace to all of you!

I can't wait to meet the little man! :)

Love,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your sweet Maddie today as he prepares for surgery. We were so pleased with Dr. Jaggers as well, and are just praying for peace for you guys during the wait. Praying for a quick and speedy recovery post-surgery so your little Maddie will be going home with you before you know it.
Take care,
Jeff & Erin Fulk (son of Clyde Fulk, with Farm Bureau)

*We both went to UNC, but after Layton's surgery, must admit that we now have a soft spot for Duke as well!

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you and thinking about you constantly! Thanks for the updates! PawPaw is pretty good to keep us updated too!
Sending love, peace, and strength!
Jenn, Hunter, and Savanah