Hey everybody,
Today has been another great day. You can certainly tell that he is responding good to coming off of the sedation medicine. He has pee peed on the nurse 3 times, and she has had to change his bedding each time too. He is also trying to cough up all of the "junk" on his own as well. He just projected some phlegm on one of the nurses as well. He also peed on his friend Cheeks, (the Beenie Baby Baboon that is by his head in the pictures), so they gave him another one. His name is Sly and he is a Fox.
The staff here at Duke identified what caused Maddox' infection. The name of the bacteria is pseudomonis. It is commonly found on plastics. It is something that you and I come in contact with everyday and is on about everything. Little man just had no tolerance for it. They said that children with breathing tubes are more susceptible to getting an infection. The treatment is a 2 week regimen of anti-biotics that was administered yesterday, so....
WE WILL PROBABLY GET TO TAKE HIM HOME WITH-IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS!!!!
The Doctor said that they are going to probably take the breathing tube out in the next couple of days. They will observe him in the PICU for a another day or so and then he will get to go to the step-down floor.
If everything goes as planned; eating good, tolerating the anti-biotics, breathing good, etc.; we might get to take him home sooner. They will consult with the Pediatric Cardiologists that worked with Maddox in Asheville about what they think.
With all of the what-ifs, the certainty is that he will get to go home soon. We will keep all of you posted about his progress and his Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) in Hendersonville.
Please continue to pray for the antibiotics to eat away the infection for him to "Keep Truckin' Right Along".
Your Friends,
Amy, Luke, and Maddox
4 comments:
AWESOME news to hear! I think half of Buncombe/Henderson/McDowell Counties are waiting to meet Little Maddox firsthand....his pictures are so.....wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to post them....hugs to all three of you.
Sarah
Hey! I go to church with Tammi Dudas and she is keeping us all up to date through email on Maddox. I just wanted to tell you that I am really praying for you, I have 3 boys myself and I don't know how you are doing it. Remember that God told us in the Bible that he will not give us anything more than we can handle. "You can do all things throught Christ Jesus who stengthens us". He is beautiful and God has great things planned for him! :) We will pray for him, as well as the two of you and the nurses and doctors that are taking care of him.
God bless you,
Amy Lynn Holt
LUKE,AMY & ALL MIGHTY MADDOX,
AMEN & PRAISE GOD THAT HE IS ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY..EVERYTIME I SEE A PICTURE OF HIM,I JUST SEND PRAISES TO GOD THAT HE HAS PUT HIS ALL MIGHTY HEALING HAND UPON HIM & THAT HE IS ONE MORE DAY CLOSER TO GETTING TO COME HOME..WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE LITTLE MIRACLE & FOR YALL EACH & EVERYDAY..MANY PRAYERS & BLESSINGS AMONG YOU!!
GOD BLESS,
SHANNON MEAD & FAMILY
I go to church with Sylvia & Jimmy. All of us at Pine Branch Church are praising God with you! Little Maddox is truly a miracle from God!
Post a Comment